Located in beautiful Spring Lake Heights New Jersey, formerly the “Old Mill” will continue its 70 year reputation as one of New Jersey's finest establishments situated in a beautiful lakeside setting. Since 1938, the Old Mill has been well known by locals and Jersey Shore Patrons for its restaurant and exceptional views of the natural and unspoiled Old Mill Pond. But even before that, the property showed up on Lt. John Hills' 1781 map of Monmouth County made for the British Army
Restauranteur William Brauweiler was the first to recognize the great potential of this special place, operating it as a bar and grill with entertainment through the early 50’s. Karl Kost then took over making it into a popular German-American Restaurant and expanding in 1962. Ray Kramer (later the mayor of Asbury Park and a county Freeholder) purchased and operated The Mill until 1975 when Joe Amiel, a restauranteur from New York, took the reigns. In 1985 the Old Mill was destroyed by a fire and then was recreated as a more modern building and reopened in the fall of 1986. In 2001 it came under new ownership of Gary and Tamar Tolchin, who then changed the name to “The Mill” who performed major renovation work.
Now The Mill, Lakeside Manor has joined the family of premier wedding destinations, created by the Truesdale family.